We were given a wonderful gift from friends recently – a session at The Ultrasound Nursery. So tonight, off we went to see our little dude in a fabulous up close and personal 3D/4D scan.
To start with little Mr Peanut was not at all cooperative. After a few attempts of coercing him to get into a good position, Doc suggested a walk around the block to get him wriggling. Luckily, that, along with a stern word through my belly to the little guy, seemed to do the trick and when we returned, he was camera ready.
It’s pretty amazing that we were able to see him in such detail. Talk about making the whole thing feel real. So, this post is my first ever total parental bragging moment. A totally selfish display of how cute I think my little dude is.
A few things that we learnt from todays scan:
- He is extremely flexible! At the start of the scan, his foot was on his head. What the?
- He loves a good ole chomp on his own umbilical chord. Kinda gross but hey – slim pickings down there for things to chew on.
- He has a rats tail. A good sign for that long rock god hair we hope he has one day.
- He has the perfect feet for a pair of soccer boots. Pretty sure dads having a pair measured up as we speak.
- He is definitely a boy. We have a graphic pic for his 21st birthday to prove it.
- He pretty much has the cutest nose in the world. Even the Dr thinks so. And he wouldn’t lie to me.